This was created as a reference list for myself and close friends.
Items are listed in no particular order of “goodness”.
Yes = I’ve been there before on multiple occasions and it has been consistently good quality.
No = It is simply a reflection of my preferences. There are plenty of other places to find reviews that may be more inline with your tastes
TBD = I have yet to try it out, or my friends and myself are in a hot debate on where it should fall on the list.
Restaurants: Yes Please
- Bayleaf – Best Indian
- Bistro Byronz
- BLDG 5 Market – Top Choice
- Chow Yum Phat
- City Pork
- Cocha – Top Choice
- Elise’s Plate and Pie
- Kalurah Street Grill
- Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant – Best local cuisine
- Ninos – Best Italian
- Rocca Pizza – Best Pizza
- ROUJ Creole
- Simple Joes
- The Gregory
- The Merchant Overpass
- White Star Market
Restaurants: No Thank You
Bars: Yes Please
- Mid City Beer Garden
- The Radio Bar
- Tsunami – Best view in town and outdoor seating to take in the sunset.
Coffee Shops: Yes Please
All coffee shops that made the list have one thing in common. They are not FREEZING inside, as I spend many hours working out of them. Hardest thing is finding a good one open after 6pm.
- City Root Coffee Bar – Fast Wifi, Outdoor Seating
- Coffee Call – For the beignets, open late
- French Truck – Fast Wifi, Good light lunch offerings, Outdoor seating
- Light House Coffee Shop – Fast Wifi, Outdoor seating, Later hours
- Magpie Cafe – Good breakfast brunch offerings too, Outdoor seating, Wifi could be faster.
Coffee Shops: No Thank You
- Garden District Coffee
- Highland Coffees
Publications / Aggregators
How I keep up on what to try next.